Sunday 11 November 2012

 BREAKFAST @ FANDANGO

Address
97 Errol Street, North Melbourne, VIC 3051
Telephone
03 9329 0693
Monday - Saturday  7:30am - 3pm
Sunday 9am - 2pm

I have heard about this place from my friends about how fabulous this place is. I finally manage to try this breakfast place yesterday, and I never looked back since then. It is the best breakfast joint I have eaten so far. I would rank this place above Tom Phat (http://www.tomphat.com.au/) to be my favourite breakfast place. (Btw, their roti omellete is my favourite - It is awesome too!!!) In my opinion, I prefer Fandango coffee to Tom Phat. Even though, their coffee art is not the best, but they taste good. Sometimes, we can't judge a book by its cover.



Vanilla pancakes with bacon
I ordered the vanila pancakes with bacon. The pancakes were served with fresh strawberries, raspberries, strawberry and plum jam (I think it is plum), instead of fresh cream, it is serve with honey cream cheese with sprinkle of icing sugar. I ordered add-ons with bacon. They serve with maple syrup on the side too.
It is the best pancake I ever taken in Melbourne. The pancake is so soft and fluffy. It just melt in your mouth. The best thing is when you combined the ham with the honey cream cheese and the strawberry jam on the pancake and fit all these into your mouth. The combination of the sweet and savoury flavour just exploded in your mouth.
I have compliment on the home made strawberry and plum jam. I am very particular about jam and this jam is one of the best I tasted so far. I like the way they kept some of the big chunk plum slice in the jam and it added extra texture to it. 
I would say, in my humble opinion, the chef really knows how to cook good food. This is a winning breakfast dish with good pancake and awesome jam. 


My partner ordered the beetroot eggs. It is toasted breads serve with 2 poached eggs, spinach, and the beetroot sauce. It is one of the popular selection in the menu.The beetroot eggs are awesome. It is not as good as my pancakes but it is a good dish. I would definitely recommend this dish for those who doesn't have sweet tooth. 

All in all, these are the two selection that is highly recommended by a lot of other bloggers and I definitely will recommend these two selections to all the first timer who is visiting this Fandango.


No comments:

Post a Comment