Thursday 30 April 2015

Madison's Crazy idea : White fungus agar-agar

White fungus agar-agar

I have been reading about agar-agar and the heath benefits that it brings to our body. It is good for weight loss and bowel irregularity. I also read about white fungus which is good for skin complexion and some believes that it will slow down the ageing process. If I combined these two ingredients into one recipe, it will be the ultimate recipe for youthful and beautiful skin. (It cost so much cheaper than a bottle of SKII Miracle Water ).
It is advisable to eat White fungus agar-agar before dinner. This is because the agar-agar increases in volume by absorbing water in the stomach which leads you to feel satiated faster. It also absorbs glucose which stop the body from retaining and storing excess fat.   
I made this white fungus agar-agar yesterday. (Spontaneously) I used the white fungus dessert that I made the day before and turn it into agar-agar. It was an experiment, I admit and it turns out not too bad. (The only regret is that I should have read the label on the agar-agar powder packet before I poured it into my white fungus dessert. It has artificial colouring (brown colour) and that is the reason why my white fungus agar-agar look brownish rather than whitish)
I used the agar-agar powder instead of the strand is because I couldn't find it in the Asian grocery store. Otherwise, I would prefer the strand more than the powder. I am just sceptical, probably there is not much different between the strand and the powder, but I always think that the strand is better.

Let's start from the scratch.

Ingredients
2 florets white fungus 
3 pieces Palm sugar
3 Pandan leaves
900ml of water (Please refer to the instruction on the label of the agar-agar powder)
1 packet of the agar-agar powder
20 moulds

Method
1. I soaked the white fungus in water for 2 to 3 hours.
2. When the florets are soft, I removed the hard part from the florets and placed the florets into the blender to diced it into smaller pieces.  (Do not throw away the hard part, you can use it as a face scrub) 
3.Next, I placed the diced white fungus, palm sugar, pandan leaves,  and the water into a pot. (If you like it sweeter, add more palm sugar) I boiled it for 15 minutes and simmered for another 15.  Then, I add the agar-agar powder. Stir the liquid gently and turn off the fire when you start to see bubbles.
4. Poured the liquid into a jug and divide it into the moulds.
5. Store it in the refrigerator to set.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment