Wednesday 20 June 2012

De Bortoli Wines

The vineyard scenery is breathtaking. This place speaks of serenity.

Restaurant Locale

The name Locale reflects not only the De Bortoli family's Italian heritage but also the restaurant's philosophy of sourcing the best local.








    Jien Loong and I went to De Bortolli last Saturday, 16 June 2012, and dine at Restaurant Locale. It is a beautiful restaurant and the seats arrangement are just rught, not too crowded. I always prefer a restaurant where you can have your own private space. (Enough space so that the table next to you can't eavesdrop on yout conversation). The menu looks lovely, I like the vibrant colour (red), it kind of open up my appetite. 







While waiting for our food, we are being served with the home made bread. The olive bread was delicious.
 The waitress paired a white, la boheme – act three pinot gris & friends, with my entree (primi), local flathead fritti with garlic aioli & baby fennel salad.
 




Then, I move on to my main(secondi),
15 hour slow cooked beef with wild pine mushrooms, farro & pinenut gremolata. The main was paired with the De Bortoli Shiraz.
 We ordered a side (contorni e verdure) to share, Italian fried potatoes with garden rosemary & garlic.It was as good as it looks.

 
For dessert, I ordered affogato con zeppole - vanilla gelato & italian doughnuts served with de bortoli black noble. The black noble fits perfectly with the vanilla gelato. Tghe black Noble deserves to be awarded the gold medal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment