Monday 25 June 2012

i Spicy - The Authentic and Exotic Taste of Thailand
http://ispicy.com.au/index.html
Last weekend my husband and I went to try this Thai restaurant in Richmond, i Spicy. We walked in without expecting a lot from the restaurant as we just want to fill our tummy before going to Ikea which is just around the corner. We were greeted by a pretty young Thai waitress and she ascorted us to our table. The restaurant looks chic, with cute grafitti of their signature dishes. It looks different from the other Thai restaurants, this restaurant has a cheeky side.     
The restaurant has 2 menus, lunch and dinner. But, I think it is because we arrived at about 3pm, the waitress gave us both menus. The menu is different from the other typical Thai restaurant menu. Some of the food they offered reminded me of the Thai restaurants I had in Penang, Malaysia. (eg: Deep fried Kang kung with Spicy sauce). I had search high and low in Melbourne for this dish, and finally I found it here. I was impressed!


Chu- Chee prawns in young coconut
Creamy red curry paste with green bean, lemongrass, garlic, kaffir leaf and prawn placed inside the young coconut.

This is the winner! The curry was smooth and sweet, the sweetness of the coconut juice goes so well with the curry.Wow! It was like a curry smoothie. Thinking of it makes my mouth water.
 
Tom Yum (Prawn) Most famous traditional Thai soup cooked with lemongrass, kaffir lime leaf, coriander roots, flavored with fish sauce, lemon juice and chili.

Well, the tom yum is good. But, I wouldnt say it is great. But definitely better than Ying Thai (@ Laigon)   
Well, rice is a must for Asian especially when we are eating Asian food. ( Rice for Asian is like bread for Caucasian ) We ordered cocout rice to go with our delicious curry. Both of them compliment each other so well, they are like an old married couple. The coconut fragrant from both entites just burst out like I am tasting a real coconut. It tasted so fresh and the curry does not feel thick/creamy at all. It is just perfecto... light and smooth.  

BBQ Stuffed Calamari Marinated minced chicken, stuffed in calamari grilled served with ispicy lemon sauce

One word to describe this, YUM!!!!
The calamari, (fresh and bouncy), stuffed with the marinated minced chicken and a quick dap on the sweet chilli sauce, the flavours just burst in my mouth. WOW!!! This is awesome!!!

How we long for a big jug of  Thai Ice Milk Tea (Home Made Drinks). The milk tea tasted great and they did not stinnged on the milk at all. The milk tea tasted great.






















MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE:
I would say, this is a place I will definitely recommend to my friends and families. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment